Thursday, June 14, 2007

Flapser hiking near Xhierfomont in the Ardennes, Belgium - 17 May 2007

You haven't heart much of me recently. Besides flapsing around, I thought I'd imitate Youssouf and go on a trip of myself as well. Youssouf was on his way to Ohio, so I went a bit closer. One country ahead: Belgium. From 17 till 20 May I stayed in Xhierfomont, part of Stoumont in the Belgian Ardennes. It's not far from Spa - I even passed it. And of course Spa is world famous. All the spa's in the world are named after it.

It's always green - and rainy - out there. Great nature, forests, fens and water. I liked it! Luckily we had quite some sun as well.

The first day I went hiking near the house I stayed in. Up and down the hills, getting stuck by the river (the path ended) and then climbing up the hills again without a round. Quite an adventure for a flapping sheep!

To see where these photo's were taken exactly, have a look at the interactive map and zoom in and out for a better overview.

A small river
A small river - Flapser hiking near Xhierfomont, Stoumont - Ardennes, Belgium - 17 May 2007

That's the Belgian Ardennes: a lot of water, lots of rain. Beautiful green hilled landscape. And hiking paths that end in a river. So I had to find another route.


Climbing a young spruce
Climbing a young spruce - Flapser hiking near Xhierfomont, Stoumont - Ardennes, Belgium - 17 May 2007

This small spruce was so lovely that I had to climb in it. Dunno why. I just flapsed and there I was.


Rocks & moss
Rocks & moss - Flapser hiking near Xhierfomont, Stoumont - Ardennes, Belgium - 17 May 2007

High humidity, a lot of moisture and rain. Ideal climate for a lot of fluffy moss. And fluffy I love.

1 comment:

merlinprincesse said...

You are living dangerously, Youssouf! :)