Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Flapser goes kayaking in the river Amblève - Ardennes, Belgium - 19 May 2007

19 May we went kayaking in the river Amblève and started at Coo. I was so excited and a bit scared, since I'm not a good swimmer.
To see where these photo's were taken exactly, have a look at the interactive map and zoom in and out for a better overview.

In front of the waterfalls of Coo
Waterfalls of Coo - Flapser goes kayaking in the Amblève - Ardennes, Belgium - 19 May 2007

We went for an afternoon of kayaking in the river Amblève in the Belgian Ardennes. We started at Coo. Here you see me at the waterfalls of Coo. The starting point of our wet kayaking tour.


Sitting on a rock in the river
Sitting on a rock in the river - Flapser goes kayaking in the Amblève - Ardennes, Belgium - 19 May 2007

We were about to start our kayaking trip. I was excited and had to go, but I could not hear the others, since the waterfalls behind me were making too much noise.
Fortunately they did not forget to take me with them.


Looking at the kayaks passing by
Looking at the kayaks - Flapser goes kayaking in the Amblève - Ardennes, Belgium - 19 May 2007

Half way kayaking on the Amblève river we stopped. One of the kayaks turned over, so it was filled with water. While one of my friends was struggling with his kayak, I climbed up the shore and up a tree to have an overview of the kayaks passing by.


Kayak upside down
Kayak upside down - Flapser goes kayaking in the Amblève - Ardennes, Belgium - 19 May 2007

I was helping my friend a bit with turning over his kayak to get rid of all the water that was inside. I think he appreciated my efforts, though I did not contribute much. At least I kept dry feet. He did not.


With our kayaks
With our kayaks - Flapser goes kayaking in the Amblève - Ardennes, Belgium - 19 May 2007

At last.. After some hours of paddling we made it to the bridge where we had to get off. I still had dry feet. Here you can see all the kayaks of our group.
It was great fun! Not too much splashing around though..


Kayak close-up
Kayak close-up - Flapser goes kayaking in the Amblève - Ardennes, Belgium - 19 May 2007

I was a bit tired and felt my fluffy muscles after kayaking for a few hours. But I enjoyed it! Hence the big smile. Always a big adventure for a little sheep.

No comments: