Monday, December 13, 2004

Skiing in Kirchberg in 2001

Back in Februari 2001 I went skiing in Austria. For the first time of my life.
Quite exiting. Usually I end up travelling to warm places. I originate from Jordan, so a cold, freezing and snowy environment was quite new to me.

But it was great! I went to Kirchberg, in the southern Alps of Austria. The skiing area is called Kitzbühler Alps.
Luckily I have a warm fleece.

Here you can see me looking out over the piste, near the ski lift on the top of the mountain. Great view!



And just a bit zoomed...


One of the more scary things was skiing down the black piste! It was so steap that I could not see the mountain below. Didn't know what was coming. Quite a thrill. One benefit of being a plush toy sheep: you can't break your bones when you fall...



A bit zoomed, still standing at the top of the black piste. It goes down all the way. So did I. I did not fall actually, but people should look out better for skiing sheep. They crossed my path without noticing me way too often.


I love the snow!

1 comment:

Youssouf said...

I've now got these photo's on my Flickr page as well.

To see where these photo's were taken exactly, have a look at the interactive map and zoom in and out for a better overview.