Friday, November 19, 2004

Sheep News: Farmer Amazed by 'Woolly Mammoth'

Clare made me aware of this cool BBC News item (thanx Clare!). Mammoth sheep!
Mammoth size sheep

Sheep are usually - well - sheep size. There are exceptions. Like me, a fluffy toy sheep. Griff is a ram as well, fluffy too. But tiny? No!

A Yorkshire farm has raised one of the biggest sheep in the country - weighing in at an incredible 20 stone (127kg).
And five-year-old Griff the giant Oxford Down ram is still growing.


Awesome guy, this Griff. And friendly too! He is way bigger than me (I bet his left ear is heavier than I am).

So tame in fact that Jean's grandchildren, five-year-old Sam and eight-year-old Rachel can often be found riding around the fields on Griff's back.

I love him already!

Read the full article at BBC News: Farmer amazed by 'woolly mammoth'.

No comments: