Thursday, September 23, 2004

Sheep News: Shaun the Sheep Gets his own Show

For years I have been a huge fan of Shaun. Shaun is the clay animated sheep that appeared in the Wallace & Gromit movie "A Close Shave". A brilliant Nick Park movie from the Aardman Animations studio.
I even archived my friend Gwynt's site Wallace & Gromit AND Shaun Picture Paradise on my own youssouf.com site.


Now Shaun is back! I just read it at BBC News.
Shaun the Sheep, the woolly star of the Wallace and Gromit short A Close Shave, is to get his own show on CBBC, the BBC's digital channel for children.

Since "A Close Shave" Shaun has been immensly popular. You can find merchandise of him everywhere. Especially popular with school kids.
What can you do but create additional Shaun animations?

Hurray! More Shaun in the future!
I am really excited. Jumping around a bit. My sheepish plush friend Flapser - you will hear more about him soon - is jumping and flapsering around and flapping his big ears in excitement.

Clay animations do take some time, so Shaun will be on the air not earlier than 2006. Will be worth the waiting!
I sincerely hope we can receive the digital CBBC at that time...

Make sure you read the full article at BBC NEWS: Shaun the Sheep gets his own show.

1 comment:

Youssouf said...

Sit and wait? I am Youssouf!
No, I will travel around the world in the mean time!