Sunday, August 08, 2004

Youssouf's Ming Dynasty Bronze Sheep?

I mentioned the nice bronze sheep vase from the Ming Dynasty in my blog.

I really like this sheep. It's nice and detailed. It's in an eBay auction. I wanted to make a bid for it. But somehow eBay does not allow plush toy sheep to sign up. Really strange.

Now I had a friend of mine make a bid on behalf of me. 40 minutes till the auction is over. So far I am the highest - and only - bidder. Exciting.

I always wanted a Ming Vase. Nevermind it is a bronze one, do mind it is a sheep!

5 comments:

Youssouf said...

I won! So now my friend can handle the payment. When the bronze sheep arrives (will be within 2 weeks I hope), I will post some pictures of me with the sheep vase!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Youssouf! You've just bought something very beautiful and sheepy! :) Do those vases come in frog-shape too? I want one of those too..
Humphrey

Youssouf said...

Hi Humphrey,
I haven't seen those vases in frog shape. Perhaps I've missed it: I am totally focussed on sheep. :D

Anonymous said...

Peanut-Bear says: WELL DONE! It is a very nice one!
I hope it arrives safely!

Youssouf said...

Me too. It has to be shipped from China...
Brilliant system on eBay that you build up trust by feedback. Sending money to someone you don't know on the other side of the planet and hoping you get your stuff...
You'll see it on this blog when the sheep arrives!