Friday, August 06, 2004

Bloody hot

Today it is bloody hot in the Netherlands. Lots of sunshine. Not the pleasant kind of hot. In the south of Egypt this hot (and hotter) is bearable because of the extremely low humidity.
Here we have high humidity and just a dirty feeling atmosphere...

I tried getting a cold shower. But it does not sort any effect: genuine wool does not take up the water, the drops just bounce off.
That's why I had trouble diving back in Egypt 2 years ago. I float because of all the air in my fleece.

Shaving my fleece is not an option. Shaving or shearing fluffy plush toy sheep is never a success. And it does not grow back.. :-(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But Youssouf, Didn't someone put a rope around you then with some extra-weight so you wouldn't float and could swim? I believe I have seen pictures on which you are beneath the water surface! I know you don't mind getting tied-up because I also have seen you climbing in your little rope-suite! ;)

Youssouf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Youssouf said...

Hey Anonymous... You seem to know quite a lot.
It's true. I've been diving tied to a rope with some fishing weight. But still, the photographer had to squeeze me (ouch) to remove some addional air from my fleece.
I'm not fond of being tied up. With rock climbing in the Belgian Ardennes it is a necessity for safety reasons. You don't wear a seatbelt on your couch at home do you? Only when driving.

Anonymous said...

hey youssouf, i am some1 who is just randomly typing in this site....i feel special...nothing that it matters if i type in this site anyways...sheep!!! cool word i think sheep, sheep, sheep!!!